Mar 13, 2019
Cyndi Darnell is an internationally renowned sex and
relationship therapist. Her approach spans the clinical to the
esoteric. She’s spearheading progressive sex & relationships
seminars and workshops for adults and clinicians that deeply change
people’s lives. Cyndi’s on a mission to eliminate stigma from
discussions around sex, erotisim and pleasure and changing our
fears and transform it into freedom.
In this episode, Cyndi and I discuss:
- How the sexual revolution missed the boat to discuss pleasure
(especially womxn’s pleasure) that center on what each individual’s
- Permission to own your motivation.
- Understanding the story that you’re holding onto that’s holding
you back and causing you pain.
- Cyndi shares her distinct definitions of love and sex (much
like chocolate and red wine).
- Sex changes over time and so we continue to learn about
- The more we experience ourselves the more we understand our
- Internal motivation is vital, know why you want things to
- Sex can be an opportunity to live a more visceral and colorful
- Erotic pleasure relates back to early childhood before we had
stigmas, values and judgements placed upon us and receive the
smiling gaze of another.
- Societal misconceptions: the body is inherently dangerous and
the intellect is superior.
- How we participate in keeping myths alive by cutting ourselves
off from our own bodies.
- How to reconnect the body through a daily practice of tuning
into the body.
- Mastrubation as a way of intergrating erotic pleasure into your
- “Erotic Self Care”
- Consent Culture and Sex Ed that goes beyond Abstinence,
Reproduction and even Consent and includes Pleasure.
- Tea and
Consent video made an assumption that everyone likes tea:
oversimplification of consent being yes vs no
- The real question is ‘what kind of sex do you like?’ Cyndi says
this is where the wheels come off for most people.
- Making a practice of talking about sex and erotism.
- Cyndi’s erotic awakening story.
- Coming back to the body, that’s where the wisdom is.
Find Cyndi Darnell online at www.cyndidarnell.com, on insta
twitter @cyndi_darnell, and on
Purchase Cyndi’s video series: The
Atlas of Erotic Anatomy and Arousal
Attend Cyndi’s Reclaiming
the Sensual Body workshop, May 31 - Jun 02 2019 at Omega
Join Rebecca Wong and Annie Schuessler for the Signature
Retreat April 25-28, 2019 at Menla Resort in NY, learn more at
Root in with Rebecca's Connectfulness® Collective for therapists
in private practice at: connectfulness.com/collective
Learn more about Rebecca's relationship therapy practice and
intensive couples retreat experiences in NY at connectfulness.com
Join our Connectfulness® Community connectfulness.com/community
Follow us @connectfulness on Twitter, Instagram, and